Monday 15 March 2010

How does your media represent particular social groups?

Evaluation-

Character 1
I have chosen Lewis' character from our opening sequence as he is the main character and there are quite afew similarities and differences between him and other characters in real film products.


I have chosen to look at Jason Bourne, he is similar to Lewis' character because of his costume and appearance. He is quite similar to Lewis because he is wearing casual clothes but looks quite smart, they are both wearing dark and dull colours, it is still suitable to run in, as they both do chase scenes. A difference between the two characters is that Lewis is the chaser and Jason Bourne is the on being chased. Another way they are similar is there personality and the story behind the, They are also quite similar because they are the main characters and are both avenging a loved ones death.




I have also chosen to look at James Bond. He is quite similar because they both work for someone and go out and find them. He also has afew chase scenes with his opponents but this time it is similar to Lewis' character as James Bond is the chaser. When he has his chase scenes he also wears casual clothes like Lewis, but he also wears very smart clothes which is a difference to Lewis' character. He is the main character aswell.

These two characters have some similartites and some differences to Lewis' character but they are both of the similar role type in Action Films.
Mise-en-scene and the costume is very important at showing character. This is an area that we could of improved on, but it is hard trying to play adults when we are only teenagers.

Charcter 2
I have also chosen to look at another character from our opening sequence, which is my character.

A character I have chosen to look at which is similar and different to my character is Marie Kreutz because she is Jason Bourne's love interest in the Bourne films, we both have blonde hair which makes our looks similar and she also gets killed, like in our opening sequence I do. A difference is how we get murdered, I blow up on a train and she gets shot, another difference is also that Jason Bourne was meant to get the bullet instead of her and I was killed to make Lewis character angry. A similarity is that we are both the female role and we both get killed quite early in the film.




Another character/s I have chosen to look at is the James Bond female roles.

The Bond girls are all James Bond love interests and they either are victims of the bad guys, are helping him solve missions or a member of an opposition organisation. Most of the Bond Girls are murdered by Bond's rivals which makes them similar to my character as Lewis' rival Simon murders me.

These characters I have looked at are all very similar and different to my character in our opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment